Andre Thorburn L40 Front Flipper Custom Knife, Lightning Strike CF, N690 Blade
A Desirable Front Flipper By The South African Master Andre Thorburn
Andre Thorburn is the most important folder maker in boasting South African knife industry. He is making handmade knives since 1989 and his craftsmanship and finesse is praised worldwide. Andre is a member of Knifemakers Guild in Germany, Italy and USA and was the chairman of Knifemakers' Guild of South Africa from 2007 to 2011.
The L40 front flipper is a display of Andre's masterful knifemaking. It is simple & clean, yet rich in character and features. The titanium frame is jewelled along the spine, polished and anodized in subtle blue. The beautiful Lightning Strike Carbon Fiber (LSCF) scales are accompanied by carbon fiber bolsters and pocket clip for a classy and clean look.
The drop point blade is made from Bohler N690 with a lovely hand rubbed satin finish. It is very thin behind the edge and razor sharp. The desirable front flipper is aided by IKBS bearing system for effortless and joyful blade deployment.
- Excellent condition
- Very faint swirls on pocket clip & handle only visible in certain light
- The blade is slightly off-centred towards the lock bar
- Some faint mark inside pivot screw
- Comes with zipper pouch and certificate of authenticity
LAYBY AVAILABLE: NO
- Custom L40 Front Flipper
- Hand rubbed satin N690 blade
- Jewelled & anodized titanium frame
- Lightning strike carbon fiber handle with Carbon fibre bolsters
- Red liners
- Stainless steel backspacer
- IKBS ceramic bearing system
- Overall Length: 18.7 cm
- Blade Length: 8.3 cm
- Closed Length: 10.6 cm
- Blade Thickness: 3.2 mm
- Weight 102 g
- Handmade in South Africa